Keeping the Flu at Bay
Learn how to protect your employees from contagious viruses
This year’s flu season is the worst since the swine flu pandemic of 2009—and it’s not over yet.
With flu season running through May, many more Americans could still contract the dangerous, and sometimes deadly, flu virus. Having a proper infection control process in place at your company is key to reducing sick days and lost productivity—and it’s the right thing to do for your employees.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an infected person can spread the flu virus to people up to about 6 feet away by coughing or simply talking. And according to MythBusters, secretions from an uncovered sneeze can travel up to 17 feet. Potentially infecting anyone who touches those surfaces (eww right?).
We all know that many employees come to work even when they’re sick. One study found “presenteeism,” or working while sick, costs the U.S. $150 billion each year.
You probably have your janitorial staff cleaning the common virus hotspots, like doorknobs and bathrooms, more often and more thoroughly. The problem is, there is a big difference between clean and sanitized. Many janitorial companies reuse the same rag throughout the office, which ends up spreading more than cleaning, and it certainly isn’t sanitizing.
How APEX help you protect your employees from the virus
We have an alternative that combines the right products with a superior application process to eliminate harmful germs and bacteria from worksurfaces. We are not covering up germs, or killing some—we eliminate them entirely.
What’s so different about our approach?
- It’s through. Instead of using (and reusing) rags or wipes to sanitize touchpoints, which may actually spread bacteria, we employ electrostatic spraying to sanitize 100 percent of all vertical and horizontal surfaces, even underneath is properly sanitized.
- It’s proactive. We identify high-risk areas, address potential areas of concern including public areas such as break rooms, bathrooms, mailrooms and other places where frequent hand contact occurs. In those areas, we perform regular touchpoint cleaning to keep germs out.
- It’s effective. Our process kills 99.9998 percent of all bacteria within 60 seconds...and as an added bonus it's an amazing odor neutralizer.
- It’s affordable. At $1,000/month for electrostatic spraying for 10,000 square feet and $2,000/month for electrostatic spraying and biweekly touchpoint cleaning for 10,000 square feet, the cost pays for itself in increased employee productivity and reduced absenteeism.
- It doesn’t harm the environment. Our products are fully biodegradable, food grade registered and produce no harmful by-products.
You don’t want to mess around with the flu. Contact us today for a free consultation to see how we can reduce or eliminate the spread of the flu in your office.
Flu Fiction Experiments from MythBusters
- Art of the Sneeze – flu fiction – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f4sUNWkq60
- Flu Contamination – flu fiction – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1j8bh8_O_Q
- The Safe Sneeze – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vw0hIs2LEg
- Flu Fiction Results – https://mythresults.com/flu-fiction
- Hand Washing Hygiene – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pFww_EaLiY